Are you passionate about the environment and landscape design?
Do you have exceptional attention to detail? Botanical Traditions is a Landscape architectural firm located in Mitcham offering a full time position. We have a small team of 4 landscape designers and architects. We undertake a range of different projects from residential, to council through to small commercial. Most of our work consists of playspaces and other small commercial projects with a construction budget of 100 – 750K.
A limited selection of our projects can be seen at www.botanicaltraditions.com.au or at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Botanical-Traditions-Pty-Ltd/304746682885504
• Be responsible for the implementation of the Principal Landscape Architects design from the concept stage through to the documentation stage of projects ranging from 150K – 750K for the Construction budget by set deadlines.
• Be responsible for the development of creativity and artistic landscape designs and their documentation for projects with a construction budget of 50 – 150K from concept to documentations stages by set deadlines.
• Prepare and oversee the preparation of drawings for all types of Landscape design with consistent accuracy, neatness and high quality presentation from Concept to Construction Sets.
• Provide and oversee necessary technical detailing for construction details for all basic landscape elements
• Keep track of incoming and outgoing documents
Skills and Prerequisites
This position would suit a fully experienced landscape designer or a Graduate Landscape Architect with 1-2 year of professional experience.
• Degree in Landscaping Architecture or equivalent level qualification or industry experience in a related field such as landscape design, building or construction
• A high level of competency with computers and team leading.
• Minimum 1 year relevant experience or equivalent level of drafting skills in Vectorwork or able to demonstrate transferable skills. Fully competent in Word and Powerpoint.
• Experience in drafting detail drawings and documentation is an advantage.
• Wide knowledge on Australian Standards, graphic standards and council procedure.
• Ability to meet set deadlines.
• Experience in overseeing a team and working in a studio environment.
Please initially call and discuss the position with Ruth Czermak on 9012 5386. A CV, references and electronic pdf folio may also be requested prior to a face to face interview which may include a small practical component.