JOB DESCRIPTION: Bookkeeper/Office Assistant (with possible Landscape/Horticulture background)
REPORTING TO: Office Manager and Manager
The purpose of this position is to carry out bookkeeping duties and office administration. To be responsible for the billing of customers, processing of customer receipts, account management and debt collection, payment of supplier bills, processing of employee pays, bank reconciliation and generation of monthly reports.
It is to provide an administrative support role to the office manager and manager.
Customer invoicing and receipting
• Invoice customers
• Record customer payments
• Job allocation
Supplier Payments and expenses
• Process weekly and monthly payments
• Record supplier payments and office expenses in MYOB, coding to appropriate accounts and job numbers
• Report to office manager with regard to overdue accounts
• Chase up overdue accounts as requested by manager
Reconciliation of key accounts
• Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
Processing of Payroll
• Maintain confidential records for all employees, including employment declarations and tax file numbers
• Process employee pays into employee accounts
• Distribute pay advices to employees via email
• Track employee leave accruals
• Reconcile and make quarterly PAYG payments
• Reconcile and pay quarterly superannuation payments.
• Reconcile and prepare payment summaries at the end of the year.
Budgets and Financial Statements
• Prepare end of month journals as required
• Provide additional reports to partners as required e.g. monthly Profit and Loss both financial and job specific.
• Implement a backup system for MYOB
Quarterly Business Activity Statement
• Prepare and submit quarterly BAS Statements
• Answer telephone as required
• Respond to customer enquiries
• Filing and following office procedures
• Assist with HR issues e.g. employment, leave
• Customise and/editing of word and excel documents as requested.
• Implement office procedures
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Excellent bookkeeping and computer skills including excel 2010 and Word 2007 and Outlook 2010
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills
3. Attention to detail very important
4. Ability to multi – task and establish priorities
5. Show initiative and self-motivation
6. Customer focused
7. Creative and lateral thinking
Formal qualifications in accounting or bookkeeping
Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
Experience in a similar role would be an advantage but not essential
Experience in the Landscape/Horticultural industry would be beneficial but not essential.
Approximately two days per week.
Salary: Casual hourly rate for 3 months trial.
Salary Review: Annually.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Contact Belinda on 0412948863 to discuss the position further.